Recipe for Orange and Chocolate BiscottiWe've been fortunate to be allowed to share this delicious recipe for Orange and Chocolate Biscotti by Tessa Clement of Sweet Expectations, Gourmet Baker of Auckland for Orange and Chocolate Biscotti.
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups Plain Flour
- ½ cup Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Zest of 1 Orange
- ½ Orange squeezed and pips removed
- 1 cup of Dark chocolate buds or chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Line baking tray with baking paper
- Beat eggs and sugar with electric beater until thick and fluffy
- Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, mix in zest, juice and chocolate buds/drops and stir well with a wooden spoon
- With wet hands place mix on to baking tray and mould in to a log shape
- Place in to oven and cook till golden brown .... 25 mins
- Turn oven down to 140 Degrees C
- Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack
- When cool cut in to 5mm slices with a serrated edge knife and place cut side down on to baking paper on tray and bake for a further 20 mins rotating trays half way through untill crisp and dry but not browned
- Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight container, will keep really well for a long time
Orange and Chocolate Biscotti RecipeNow you can make your own New Zealand style Biscotti with this delicious recipe for Orange and Chocolate Biscotti from Tessa Clement of Sweet Expectations, Gourmet Baker in Auckland.
Copyright © 2010 Tessa Clement of Sweet Expectations. Auckland's gourmet baker, all rights reserved.